Tuesday, November 03, 2020

20 First Dates: Chicago Electric

 
12 x 18 inch oil on linen panel
 
 
With the arrival of November, my thoughts turn to the upcoming holidays. During the Thanksgiving holiday, my husband and I often visit his family in the Chicago suburbs, affording me the perfect opportunity to visit one of my favorite cities and one of my favorite art museums, The Art Institute of Chicago, all in one fell swoop. 
 
This year, we'll stick closer to home, but I can still pay homage to this wonderful city through my artwork, and Chicago Electric is a perfect way to showcase the Loop and its magic. I can always get lost in the abstract play of colorful reflections and lights.

Detail of Chicago Electric

Details of Chicago Electric

 
 
Framed view of Chicago Electric, in a satin black frame 

Framed view of Chicago Electric