Monday, August 31, 2020

20 First Dates

My husband, Tim, and I goofing around at an outdoor art show. 2020 has seen the cancellation of all our art shows and we really miss doing them. Fingers crossed that we get things turned around for 2021.
 

Well, there's no getting around it. 2020 has been an unusually challenging year. I won't rehash all that's gone wrong. There's not enough room for that here (!), and I know many of you are facing issues that you probably never foresaw a year ago at this time and hope you won't still have at this time next year.

As September begins, I want to reorient myself and share a new body of artwork with you. There's still a lot of beauty in our world. Sometimes the unrelenting news cycle and the problems in our nation may lead us to forget what's positive. 

The start of September also marks the 20th anniversary of my first date with my husband, Tim. Meeting him helped me to become the artist that I am today. When we met back in Madison, Wisconsin, I was working as a web developer and computer programmer. Without his help, I would not have realized my dream of being a painter. Tim has been my best friend and most enthusiastic supporter of my artwork since our first meeting. His kindness, compassion, and wit have helped me weather the ups and downs of life as an artist.

Although 2020 has been "meh" for many of us so far, I want to celebrate this occasion with you. I'm kicking off a new series of paintings, 20 First Dates. Now through November 7, I’ll share a new painting fresh from my easel each Tuesday and Saturday. Anything from cityscapes to landscapes to plein air works – it will always be something new! 

You can follow along with each new "painting date" here on my blog or on my Instagram. To receive a sneak preview of each new painting one day early, please join my mailing list. And if you have any questions about a painting, feel free to contact me. I look forward to sharing these new dates, er, paintings, with you in the coming weeks.